After 14th January 2020, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or support for PCs running Windows 7. There can be serious security implications for any business that continues to use it, so now is the time to move to Windows 10.
Why should you upgrade?
- A lot of these software updates are created to fix vulnerabilities that are being used by hackers. With those updates gone, your system could become an easier target to viruses and malware.
- A server or windows network that is no longer receiving security updates will also be a breach of GDPR and regulatory compliance, the penalties for that may be severe.
- If you accept card payments, lack of PCI and PAN compliance may mean that companies like MasterCard or Visa will not work with you.
- Other Hardware & Software vendors will cease support for Windows 7 with their future updates.
What happens if you don’t upgrade?
If you continue to use Windows 7 after support has ended, your PC will still work as normal, but it will become more vulnerable to security risks. Microsoft will no longer provide technical support, software or security updates and other vendors will follow suit.
What do you get with Windows 10?
Windows 10 is Microsoft’s most secure operating system to-date with a release schedule for semi-annual feature improvements and regular security updates.
- Windows 10 has significant speed updates & more efficient use of memory.
- Improved user experience and file management system.
- Unparalleled security features, including BitLocker (disk encryption)
- Improved search functionality and easier to use apps.
Microsoft will stop all support and future updates for Windows 7 on 14th January 2020. You should look to have all Windows 7 devices upgraded or replaced with machines running Windows 10 Professional before that date.
Get in touch with iTG to plan your upgrade…
Call 01625 613 633 or Email [email protected]
Worried about large upfront hardware costs?Ask how you can save with iTG Tech-as-a-Service, spreading a lower cost over a three year term. www.itg.uk.com/tech-as-a-service